Greek and foreign workers and employees who suffer personal injury due to an accident in the course of their employment or in connection with their work, resulting to their temporary or permanent disability, may be entitled under Greek law to:
- health care and medical benefits,
- pension from the National Security Fund (IKA) in cases of permanent disability and additionally
- compensation for their pain and suffering and mental anguish from their employer, when fault/negligence for the accident can be established.
If the labor accident results to loss of life, the family of the deceased worker/employee is entitled to the above, irrespective of their nationality, their permanent residence is in Greece not being a prerequisite.
The heads and quantum of damages greatly depend on establishment of liability, fault/negligence and/or violation of national, European and international safety rules and legislation on the part of the employer.
Our law firm has a long standing practice and extensive experience in the field of work related personal injury claims, including:
- Injuries and fatal accidents of workers at shore due to
o slips and falls,
o lifting of weights,
o explosions and burns,
o injuries by defective equipment,
o lack of personal safety equipment and others.
- Professional illnesses caused by exposure to
o toxic substances
o heat and others.